Abba Paul - ܐܒܐ ܦܘܠܘܣ (624)
http://syriaca.org/person/86 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 2 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 322.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 81, pp: 316.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 276.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 302.
http://syriaca.org/person/86 Possibly identical (2) records.http://syriaca.org/person/86 Has relation to place (3) records.
Paul metropolitan of Edessa - ܦܘܠܘܣ ܕܐܘܪܗܝ (author, d. 6240624, 0594 ) Names: Pawla of Edessa Paul metropolitan of Edessa Paul of Edessa PAUL, évêque d'EdessePaul of EdessaPaulus ep. EdessaePaulPAUL, évêque d'Edesse"Metropolitan of Edessa and translator."In hagiography: Paul was bishop of Edessa . He translated the hymns of Severus and revised a Syriac translation of Gregory.URI: http://syriaca.org/person/84
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Abba Paul — ܐܒܐ ܦܘܠܘܣ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/86.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Abba Paul — ܐܒܐ ܦܘܠܘܣ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/86.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Abba Paul — ܐܒܐ ܦܘܠܘܣ
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama